The extent of car accident injuries can significantly vary depending on the severity of the impact. While one victim may suffer only a small scratch, another may sustain broken bones or even be pronounced dead at the scene. Regardless of what type of injury you suffer, it may nevertheless have a serious impact on your life. Although filing a personal injury claim against the at-fault party may not be on the top of your list, it can provide you with the financial support and closure you need to deal with the injuries you suffered.
What To Do After a Car Accident
There may be little that you can do to prevent an accident, but there is a lot that you can do after an accident to protect your legal rights and ensure that you are fairly compensated. The following are five important things you should consider after an accident:
- Keep calm. One of the most important things you need to remember after an accident is to remain calm and not panic. If you have passengers in your car, check to see if they are safe. If someone is injured, call 911.
- Call the police. If the accident involves a minor impact, the police will most likely not come to the scene of the accident. However, it is still important to file a report.
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident. Pictures from the scene of an accident can be important to the outcome of your case. The more details you have, the stronger your case may be.
- Seek medical attention. Getting medical attention and continuing with the recommended treatment for the injuries you have suffered is very important to your health and the outcome of your case.
- Call an experienced personal injury lawyer. Hiring a car accident attorney is one of the most important steps you should take after getting injured in a car accident.With the help of an experienced attorney, you can be confident that you will be fairly compensated for your injuries.
Contact A New York Personal Injury Attorney Today
If you or a loved one was injured in a car accident, please call Gersowitz Libo & Korek, P.C. at 1-800-529-9997.