New York Insurance Bad Faith Claim Lawyer
It is unfortunate that during natural disasters or after a covered accident, when individuals need their insurance companies the most, they fall victim to insurance bad faith. You always paid your premiums on time. You never missed a payment. You basically did whatever your insurance company instructed you to do in the hopes that when you needed their help in the event of a covered accident they would provide you with the full benefits that you are entitled to under the terms of your contract. When your insurance company fails to do this, you may be entitled to file a bad faith claim against them.
Bad faith insurance claims are complicated and involve complex issues. In order to get the results that you deserve, you need to hire a law firm that knows what they are doing. At Gersowitz Libo & Korek, P.C., we build upon our years of experience and resources to deal with insurance companies and bad faith claims. Our experienced and compassionate lawyers in New York treat each client with the dedication and respect they deserve in obtaining the benefits they are entitled to.
What Is Insurance Bad Faith?
Insurance policies are legally binding contracts between the insurance company and the insured. As the policyholder, you pay a premium in exchange for the your insurance company to indemnify and defend you when a covered event occurs. When the insurance company fails to honor the terms of your policy and contract, you may have a claim for insurance bad faith.
You may be entitled to pursue an insurance bad faith claim if the insurance company has engaged in any of the following actions:
- Denied your claim completely
- Required unreasonable and unnecessary information from you
- Made repeated requests for information that unnecessarily prolonged the claim process
- Failed to make a reasonable settlement offer within a reasonable period of time after liability has been accepted
- Denied paying out on a claim prior to conducting reasonable investigation in the facts
- Compelled or effectively forced you to commence litigation to collect amounts due under an insurance policy
- Failed to accept or deny a claim within a reasonable amount of time after the claim has been filed
If you believe that your insurance company has engaged in conduct that is not right or has denied you the coverage or due diligence that you deserve under the terms of your policy or contract, you should immediately consult with an attorney as you may entitled to file a bad faith claim to seek compensation. Filing a bad faith claim may entitle you to compensation for the amount due under the policy and any consequential damages you have suffered as a result of the denial of the policy.
Bad Faith Litigation
When you hire the legal team at Gersowitz Libo & Korek, P.C., we will help you with the following pertaining to your insurance bad faith claim:
- Evaluating your rights based on your specific insurance policy
- Determining whether you have a viable case against your insurance company
- Determining the specific laws that may apply to your case
- Identifying and organizing documentation pertinent to your case
- Identifying the intentional or negligent errors and mistakes made by the insurance company that denied your claim
- Pursuing benefits and compensation based on the applicable laws
The bottom line is that we will take all the necessary steps to file the claim to hold the right parties accountable and help you obtain the full compensation that you deserve. We are a leading law firm in helping clients realize the benefits they bargained for when they purchased their insurance protection.
Insurance Bad Faith Claims and Practices
The legal team at Gersowitz Libo & Korek, P.C. handles a variety of insurance bad faith claim cases. For more than 39 years, we have helped clients who have fallen victim to insurance bad faith obtain the compensation they deserve. Some of the bad faith cases that we handle include:
- Improperly denied and delayed claims
- Claims that are undervalued
- Settlements that are unfair
- Improperly calculated deductibles
- Unethical and deceptive practices
State and federal laws legally bind insurance companies to act in good faith in investigating, valuing and paying their policyholders’ claims. If your insurance provider has acted in bad faith in handling your claim, you may be entitled to seek the full value of your original claim, plus additional damages.
Why Choose Us?
You pay your premiums and expect your insurance company to compensate you when the time is right. However, when you are not paid the compensation that you deserve, your only legal recourse is to hire an experienced law firm in New York to protect your legal rights.
The legal team at Gersowitz Libo & Korek, P.C. understands the ramifications of insurance bad faith. Our firm has been protecting the rights of insurance consumers for more than three decades. We aggressively litigate insurance bad faith, personal injury, and wrongful death claims to hold the right parties accountable for their actions and help our clients obtain the compensation that they deserve.
Call an Experienced NYC Insurance Bad Faith Claim Attorney
If you were injured in an accident, or if a loved one suffered a wrongful death as a result of the negligent or reckless actions of another party, you deserve to be justly compensated by the insurance company. If your insurance company failed to properly handle your claim under the terms of your policy and laws of New York you may be entitled to file an insurance bad faith claim to seek damages. We can help you recover the financial compensation that you deserve.
For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our experienced insurance bad faith claim attorneys in New York, please call us at 1-800-529-9997 or fill out a New York Personal Injury Case Consultation form. We handle personal injury cases in New York and New Jersey.
- One Person Injured In Rhinebeck Car Accident on Route 308
- Multiple Dairy Products Recalled Due to Possible Listeria Contamination
- Boy Critically Injured In Shirley Police Car Accident
- Two People Killed In Shandaken Semi-Truck Accident on State Route 28
- Pedestrian Died In Canton Car Accident on Sounty Route 14
- Pedestrian Killed In Elma Car Accident on Transit Road
- Two People Died In Sodus Semi-Truck Accident
- Four Injured In Valley Cottage Car Accident
- Motorcyclist Killed In Staten Island Car Accident
- Two People Killed In Laurel Hollow DUI Car Accident