New York Auto Accident Attorneys
Experienced New York Auto Accident Attorneys for Injured Car Accident Victims
Auto accidents are the most common type of personal injury claims. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), in 2013, approximately 33,000 Americans lost their lives in motor vehicle traffic accidents and an additional 2.3 million were seriously injured. The NHTSA further reports that someone is involved in a car accident every 10 seconds, making these types of accidents one of the major causes of emergency room visits in the nation. When you are injured in an auto accident, you may be entitled to compensation if the accident was caused by the negligence or recklessness of another party. The best Auto accident lawyers at Gersowitz Libo & Korek, P.C will aggressively represent your rights and interests throughout its entirety.
If you or a loved one was involved in a car accident and suffered serious injuries, the NYC best auto accident lawyers at Gersowitz Libo & Korek, P.C. can help. We have the experience, knowledge and resources to help you obtain the full compensation that you are entitled to. We are aggressive, yet compassionate, in fighting for the rights of our clients when they are injured in accidents caused by the negligence of other parties.
Common Causes of Auto Accidents
Although you may not be able completely avoid getting into an accident, you may be able to reduce the likelihood of a collision if you know what the common causes are. Below is a list of common causes of car accidents:
- Negligent driving
- Poor weather conditions
- Driving under the influence of controlled substances, such as alcohol and drugs
- Improper lane changing and lack of signaling
- Defective automobile parts
- Distracted driving due to texting, emailing or changing radio stations
Regardless of what caused your injuries, our best auto accident lawyers will work hard to get you the maximum compensation that you deserve. We will look at the specific facts surrounding your accident to strategize how the accident happened and how to hold the responsible party accountable for the injuries you suffered.
Car Accident Injuries
Car accident injuries vary according to the extent and type of the collision involved. A rear-end fender bender could result in a broken arm, while a head-on collision could result in severe brain injuries or even death. At Gersowitz Libo & Korek, P.C., our expert legal team of best auto accident lawyers represents clients suffering from all types of serious injuries, including:
- Head and brain trauma
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord damage and back injuries
- Amputations or loss of limb
- Burns from car explosions
- Torn ligaments
- Severe fractures
- Facial injuries
- Internal injuries
- Emotional trauma
- Wrongful death
When you are seriously injured in an auto accident, it is easy to become overwhelmed and not want to deal with the legal aspects of your claim. However, for most accident victims, it may not be possible to get the full medical treatment and rehabilitation needed without obtaining financial compensation. At Gersowitz Libo & Korek, P.C., we sympathize with our injured clients and take every step necessary to help them get the monetary compensation they are entitled to for the injuries they have suffered.
Important Steps to Take After an Accident
The steps you take after a car crash can significantly impact the outcome of your personal injury claim. If you were injured in an accident, you should consider the following important steps:
- Call 911 to report injuries and have the police come to the scene and prepare a report.
- Seek immediate medical attention, even if you believe your injuries are minor. Symptoms of certain medical conditions may take days or weeks to surface.
- Do not admit fault or apologize to anyone, including the police.
- Do not provide a statement, especially a recorded statement, to any insurance adjuster.
- Report the accident to your own insurance company.
- Consult with an experienced New York auto accident attorneys.
Statute of Limitations For Filing an Auto Accident Claim
New York has strict time limitations as to how long auto accident victims have to file a personal injury claim to seek compensation. If you fail to file your claim within the applicable time period, you may permanently lose your opportunity to bring a claim. In most cases, you have two years from the date of the accident to file a claim. However, depending on the specific facts of your case, this time limit, known as the statute of limitations, may differ.
As such, it is important to immediately contact a best auto accident lawyers in New York to make sure you timely file your claim. Your lawyer will ensure that your claim is timely filed to avoid any statute of limitation problems.
Aggressive Representation in New York Auto Accident Claims
At Gersowitz Libo & Korek, P.C., our legal team has more than 39 years of experience in successfully pursuing car accident claims on behalf of residents in both New York and New Jersey. We have the knowledge and financial resources to aggressively pursue your case and help you get the outcome that you deserve.
Although we settle many of our cases out of court, we prepare for them as if a full trial is necessary. No matter what your car accident claim involves, our legal team of New York auto accident attorneys will aggressively represent your rights and interests throughout its entirety.
Call Us Today
The financial value of a car accident case can vary. Value may also depend on liability, the extent of your personal injuries and the defendant’s (or their insurer’s) ability to pay. In order to ensure the best possible resolution of your case, it is important to schedule a free initial consultation with an New York auto accident attorneys at Gersowitz Libo & Korek P.C. by calling (212) 385-4410.
- Two People Injured In Rotterdam Car Accident on I-880
- Multiple People Injured In Bronx Car Accident With Police Cruiser
- Woman Died In Brooklyn Car Accident on Court Street
- One Person Injured In Batavia Car Accident on Liberty Street
- 20 Injured In Manhattan Uber Accident By 204th Street and Broadway
- Motorcyclist Killed In Valley Stream, Long Island Car Accident On Mill Road
- One Person Injured In Duanesburg Fire Truck Accident on Interstate 88
- Two People Injured In Clayton Car Accident on County Route 9
- 2021 Marked the Deadliest Summer for NYC Roads Despite de Blasio Pledge to Curb Deadly Crashes
- The 411 On Road Construction Safety