The construction industry is well known for being the most dangerous field for employees in the nation. However, this does not mean that construction workers just have to accept the devastating statistics and the dangers they face at work each day. Even if a construction worker takes every precautionary step possible, they will nevertheless be at a disadvantage and will likely become a statistic if their employer fails to provide them with equipment necessary for a safe work environment.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a construction site accident, you may have legal recourse against the property owner, contractor and any other party whose negligence or reckless contributed to your accident. Even if you know you are entitled to compensation, you may be wondering how much your claim is worth and what type of compensation you can seek by filing a personal injury claim.
Factors To Consider In Determining The Value of Your Case
The damages available to construction site accident victims differ from state to state. The value of a claim also depends on various factors that are case specific. If you have a valid claim for your construction site accident, your attorney may consider the following factors in determining how much monetary compensation you may be entitled to:
- The nature of the injuries you suffered
- The extent of the injuries you suffered
- Whether your injuries are permanent or temporary
- The extent of your pain and suffering
- Any loss of earnings or profits you may incur
- The amount of medical, hospital and rehabilitation expenses you have incurred or will likely incur in the future
- The aggravation of a pre-existing injury or medical condition
- Your mental anguish resulting from the injuries
- Your loss of enjoyment of life
Upon properly evaluating these important factors, your attorney may be better able to assess the value of your construction accident claim and determine how much monetary compensation to seek from the negligent parties.
Compensation for Construction Injuries
If you or someone you love has been injured in a construction accident, you may be entitled to monetary compensation. To ensure that you get the full compensation that you deserve, you should consult with an experienced New York construction accident attorney. Some common types of compensation that you may seek include:
- Loss of wages
- Past and future medical bills
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Any other expenses you incurred from the accident
For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our experienced New York construction accident attorneys, please call Gersowitz Libo & Korek, P.C. at (800) 529-9997.