While you are spending time with your loved one during your vacation at a theme park, the last thing on your mind is a potential accident. When visiting a theme park, you rely on other parties to live up to their duty to create a safe environment. When this duty is breached and their negligence results in serious injuries to you, they should be held accountable.
Common Causes of Roller Theme Park Accidents
Injuries at theme parks can happen in many different ways. Some common causes of theme park injuries include:
- Mechanical failure of roller coaster rides
- Improper operation of rides
- Passenger misuse or failure to follow instructions
- Inherent nature of the rides
- Slip, trip and fall accidents
Regardless of what caused your fall, you should immediately consult with an attorney as you may be entitled to compensation. Even if you are a tourist and only visiting the theme park, you still have legal rights if your injuries were caused by the negligent actions of the park.
Important Safety Tips for Riding on Roller Coasters at Theme Parks
One major cause of accidents at theme parks is roller coasters. Roller coasters can be potentially dangerous, making it important that riders take as many safety measures as possible. The best way to decrease your chances of getting injured on a roller coaster is to make sure that you are properly fastened before the commencement of the ride. If you feel or believe that you are not adequately fastened in your seat, immediately notify the operator before the ride takes off.
Below are some other ways you can prevent or reduce the likelihood of roller coaster accidents:
- Do not get on the ride if you are injured. An amusement park ride can worsen the problem.
- Keep your hands and feet inside the cart.
- Do not take items with you on the ride that could fly out of your possession.
- Only go where you are supposed to go. In other words, stay clear of places that are restricted to operators and maintenance workers.
Important Steps To Take After a Theme Park Accident
If you were injured at a theme park, you need to take the following steps to ensure that you will not be barred from filing a claim for your damages:
- Notify the appropriate employees at the theme park
- Seek immediate medical help
- Take pictures of the scene where you were injured
- Take pictures of your injuries
- Obtain contact information of any witnesses to the accident
- Obtain copies of documentation the theme park made about the accident and your injuries
- Get a copy of the incident report
Call Us Today!
If you or a loved one was involved in a theme park accident and suffered serious injuries, you may have the right to file suit against the negligent party. Our experienced theme park accident attorneys in New York can protect your legal rights and get you the compensation that you deserve for your injuries.
For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our travel accident attorneys, please call Gersowitz, Libo & Korek, P.C. at 1-800-529-9997.