Forearm fractures can lead to serious complications that may significantly impact your life. If your forearm fracture injury was caused by the negligent or reckless actions of another individual, you should contact a New York forearm settlement lawyer because you may be entitled to monetary compensation.
Below are five common types of forearm fractures that generally result in serious pain and may considerably restrict your daily activities:
- Radial shaft fracture – this fracture usually occurs from either a direct blow to the forearm or a fall on outstretched hands.
- Ulnar shaft fracture – this condition is nicknamed the “nightstick fracture” because it is most frequently sustained when an object has hit the forearm or the forearm has hit an object.
- Fracture of both bones – if you have fractured both of the bones in your forearm, you will most likely need surgery and a cast, as the bones do not generally stabilize on their own.
- Distal radius fracture – this type of injury occurs when the radius is fractured at the wrist.
- Elbow (olecranon fracture) – since the elbow point, or olecranon, is covered by just skin it does not have much protection, therefore you can easily break it if you hit on it or fall on it.
Regardless of what type of forearm fracture injury you have sustained, if it was caused by the negligent or reckless actions of another, you may be able to file a lawsuit and seek monetary damages.
Contact an Experienced New York Forearm Settlement Lawyer
If you have fractured your forearm due to the negligent or reckless actions of another individual, you should consult with an attorney, as you may be able to file a lawsuit to seek monetary compensation. To schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our experienced New York forearm settlement attorneys, call Gersowitz, Libo & Korek, P.C. at 1-800-529-9997.