You may become the victim of medical malpractice if the actions of your healthcare provider caused you additional injuries or damages. Fortunately, the majority of doctors and other healthcare professionals do not generally engage in negligent or reckless actions that may ultimately result in injury to their patients. However, of the minority of healthcare practitioners whose actions amount to medical malpractice, the resulting injuries or damages to the patients may be significant.
What To Do:
If you suspect that you have been the victim of medical malpractice, you need to take certain important steps to protect your legal rights, including:
- Conduct a thorough review of your case. Your attorney will generally conduct the investigation at the outset of the case in order to determine whether your case is actionable.
- Document your injuries by keeping a journal of the accident, your injuries and any follow-up care you may need.
- Gather all relevant documents necessary in proving your claim.
- Continue to get medical attention as needed for the additional injuries or damages you have sustained.
- Contact an experienced New York medical malpractice attorney who specializes in handling these types of cases as soon as possible.
In the State of New York, you usually only have 2.5 years from the negligent act or omission of the healthcare professional to bring a medical malpractice claim. While this may seem like ample time, it can take time your attorney time to fully investigate the facts and to ultimately bring a claim. As such, it is important to immediately contact an attorney.
Call an Experienced New York Medical Malpractice Attorney
If you or a loved one has suffered serious personal injuries due to medical malpractice, you need to hire a lawyer as you may be entitled to monetary compensation.
At Gersowitz, Libo & Korek, P.C., we have over 25 years of experience in successfully pursuing medical malpractice claims on behalf of residents of both New York and New Jersey. For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our New York City medical malpractice lawyers, please call Gersowitz, Libo & Korek, P.C. at 1-800-529-9997.