Edward H. Gersowitz
Honors & Awards
About Edward H. Gersowitz
Edward H. Gersowitz is one of the co-founders of Gersowitz, Libo & Korek, P.C. He partnered with Andrew Libo to open the law office of Gersowitz & Libo, P.C., which became Gersowitz Libo & Korek, P.C. in 1992. In addition to handling the firm’s pharmaceutical, motor vehicle, premises, municipal liability and toxic tort cases, he also oversees the firm’s daily activities and philanthropic endeavors.
Mr. Gersowitz is a past President of the New York State Trial Lawyers Association, which has a membership of approximately 4,000 attorneys. He received his Bachelor of Science at Cornell University. He then embarked upon his formal legal education and received his Juris Doctor at Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law in New York City. He is admitted to the New York State Bar as well as the United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
Mr. Gersowitz has worked primarily in personal injury litigation, helping injured victims receive appropriate compensation. His success as a litigator has earned him various recognitions. He has been chosen for “Super Lawyers”, as featured in the New York Times magazine, from 2010 to the present and has been recognized in Best Lawyers as a “Best Lawyer” every year since 2012.
In addition to his legal representation of clients in the courtroom, Mr. Gersowitz is a member of several legal associations. Amongst them are: Leaders Forum (AAJ) formed to advance the cause and legislation of consumer rights, Governor of the American Association for Justice (AAJ) and a Member of the New York County Judicial Screening Committee to evaluate the qualifications of candidates for appointment or designation to judicial office throughout New York State.
Mr. Gersowitz has successfully handled a variety of high profile cases, which have resulted in notable settlements and jury verdicts. Most notably, Gersowitz, Libo & Korek was recognized by the National Law Journal for achieving the #1 and #4 top verdicts in the country for an $18 million settlement for the sole survivor of a tragic car accident on the Bronx River Parkway that claimed the lives of six family members, as well as a $12 million settlement in a class action lawsuit for victims who got sick from the Bronx Pelham Bay Landfill.
- BS: Cornell University
- JD: Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
- Admitted to New York State Bar
- Admitted to United States District Courts, Southern District and Eastern District of New York
- Law Offices of F. Lee Bailey & Aaron J. Broder, New York, NY Associate Attorney
- Chosen for Super Lawyers as featured in The New York Times magazine 2010 – Present.
- AVVO 10.0 / 10.0 Superb
- Best Lawyers in America, 2012 – Present (Medical Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, Product Liability Litigation – Plaintiffs)
- AV Rated (Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence) by Martindale-Hubbell 2011 to Present
- Secretary- New York State Trial Lawyers Association (NYSTLA)- 2011-2012
- American Bar Association
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York (ABCNY)
- Member ABCNY Tort Litigation Committee (2006-2009)
- American Association of Justice (AAJ)
- Member of AAJ’s Eagle Political Action Committee
- New York County Judicial Screening Committee (2003 and 2009)
Gersowitz Libo & Korek, P.C.
New York 646-798-1659 • New Jersey 201-541-8540