East Hampton Catastrophic Injury AttorneyA catastrophic injury can forever change your life and the lives of your loved ones. The very definition of “catastrophic” is something that results in tragic damage or intense suffering. As the name suggests, catastrophic injuries are extremely serious and can significantly impact all aspects of your quality of life. If your catastrophic injury was caused by the negligent or reckless acts of another party, you may be entitled to monetary damages. The East Hampton catastrophic injury attorneys at Gersowitz Libo & Korek, P.C. are dedicated to protecting the legal rights of seriously injured victims and working hard to get the damages that they are entitled to. Let us fight for you and ensure those responsible are held accountable for their actions.
What Is Considered a Catastrophic Injury?Catastrophic injuries are generally defined by the extent of damage it causes as well as the permanence of the injury. These types of injuries have long term impacts on all aspects of your life and can limit your capability to perform simple or complex tasks. It can also have an impact on your loved ones who may need to supplement your shortcomings resulting from the catastrophic injury. Catastrophic injuries typically fall into one of three categories:
- Physical injuries, such as the loss of a limb or amputation, resulting in permanent limitations.
- Cognitive injuries, such as brain or head injury and other such injuries that could ultimately impact your mental state.
- Spinal cord injuries, such as paralysis, that could permanently impact your mobility.
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord injuries
- Loss of vision or loss of hearing
- Severe burns
- Loss of a limb
Signs of a Catastrophic injury:A physician can best diagnose you with a catastrophic injury. If you suffer from any of the signs below, you may have suffered a catastrophic injury:
- Permanently out of the work field
- Alters your personality
- Results in permanent physical pain
- Limited ability to move or function without some type of assistance
Compensation for East Hampton Catastrophic Injury VictimsMost catastrophic injury victims need to “relearn” many daily tasks, even the simplest task of walking, showering, or holding utensils to eat. While each catastrophic injury case is unique, most victims are unable to go back to work and provide for their families, wreaking havoc on their financial livelihoods. The legal team at Gersowitz Libo & Korek, P.C. understands the ramifications of any type of catastrophic injury. We will work hard to help and guide our severely injured clients get full compensation for:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Loss of income
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Any other out of pocket expenses related to the accident