A 20-year old actor was in his bedroom when a fire broke out in his living room due to a faulty power strip. After unsuccessful attempts to evacuate through the fire escape and the front door, he fell from his fourth-floor window while trying to escape the fire. He sustained multiple injuries and required a lengthy hospital stay. Through the work of Senior partner Edward H. Gersowitz and paralegal Will Adams and multiple fire experts GLK was able to prove that the fire started as a result of a faulty power strip and negligence on the part of the building owner. The case settled in Supreme Court , New York County before trial for $910,000.
Injured in a fire accident? Our team of fire injury lawyers at Gersowitz Libo & Korek, P.C. are here to help you if you’ve been injured in an accident. To schedule a free consultation with one of our attorneys, please call us at (212) 385-4410.