Being involved in any type of accident can be horrific and overwhelming. However, if you were involved in an accident where the careless driver fled the scene of the accident, you will no doubt be even more stressed and anxious. One of the main concerns you may have is getting compensation for your injuries and payment of your medical bills.
To help your New York personal injury lawyer recover the compensation that you deserve and need, you should consider the following tips:
- Call the police to file a report at the scene of the accident. You should provide the police with as much detailed information as possible about the negligent party and the car they were driving.
- Take note of which direction the negligent party fled the scene of the accident. You should tell the police and keep a note for your own files.
- Get detailed information of any individuals that may have witnessed the hit and run accident. You will need to provide this important information to your New York personal injury lawyer.
- Take note of your medical condition and do not delay seeking medical attention. Symptoms of certain injuries may not become apparent until days or even weeks following your accident.
- Hire an experienced attorney as soon as possible.
Call Us Today!
If you or someone you know was seriously injured in a hit and run accident that was caused by the reckless or negligent actions of another party, call the experienced New York personal injury attorneys at Gersowitz, Libo & Korek, P.C. We can help you get the compensation that you deserve.
For more information or to schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our attorneys, please call us at (800) 529-9997. Our New York personal injury attorneys serve injured victims throughout New York and New Jersey.