A driver was injured in a road rage accident on July 25th in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. The victim was on McGuiness Boulevard near the intersection of Norman Avenue when another enraged motorists tried to cut him off.
As both motorists came to a stop at the red light, the aggressive driver got out of his car and started to verbally and physically abuse him. In a defensive response, the other driver got of his car as well. However, before he could do anything to protect himself, the aggressive driver went back to his car and returned with a knife and full intention of injuring the victim even more. The man then stole the victim’s key, got into his car and nearly ran him over while speeding away. The victim’s car is still missing and the policy had to tow away the aggressive driver’s car from the intersection.
What To Do After a Car Accident
Getting into any type of car accident can take a serious toll on you – both physically and emotionally. If you have suffered injuries, it is imperative that you seek medical help. You may also be entitled to monetary compensation for your injuries. To ensure you get the full compensation that you deserve, you should consider the following important steps after a car collision:
- Call 911 if you or someone has been seriously injured
- Take pictures of the scene of the accident and all property damaged in the accident
- Get all pertinent information for every party involved in the accident
- Seek immediately medical attention, even if you think you were not seriously injured; symptoms of certain medical conditions may not surface until days or even weeks after an accident
- Consult with an experienced car accident attorney in New York City
Call a New York Car Accident Attorney Today
If you or a loved one has been injured or died in a car accident caused by the negligent actions of another party, you may be entitled to monetary compensation. For more information or to consult with one of our experienced New York car accident attorneys, please call Gersowitz Libo & Korek, P.C. at 1-800-529-9997.