Open Letter to New York & New Jersey Bar Member of the Solo and Small Firm Section:
Our firm has concentrated on personal injury and medical malpractice cases over the past three decades. We have achieved success for thousands of injured clients. Our business plan and strength has never been more important. The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic requires thinking and re-thinking our business plans to make sure we continue to have what it takes to fight for our injured clients.
Based on our extensive experience and ability to respond to the special developmental needs of our practice, may we offer some specific suggestions to help your practice during these challenging times.
5 Important Tips for Firms During the Coronavirus Crisis
- It is best not to change your proven business plan and practice. What worked for you before the COVID crisis will work again with time. The only exception to this is that you need to enhance and grow your well-established practice areas. You can achieve this by contacting your past clients and taking good care of your current clientele.
- Balance your reliance on technology. Although it is important to utilize Zoom and virtual communication, it should not be a substitute for personal contact and focused marketing.
- Take care of your firm’s finances. Make sure you are properly capitalized, you update your lines of credit, and have made full use of government assistance such as SBA loans.
- Streamline your law firm. It is a good time to revisit your firm’s budget and expenses and eliminate unnecessary or overly utilized items.
- Take all the necessary cost saving steps possible during this crisis – some may even become permanent.
Gersowitz Libo & Korek, P.C. specializes in personal injury, medical malpractice, construction accidents and wrongful death cases. The firm’s mission is to provide the best legal services possible to families who have suffered from the negligence of others.
With more than three decades of continued results and success, we have built a rainy day fund that allows us to expend considerable case costs in our personal injury practice areas, meeting significant expenditures for experts and advancement of expenses in complex cases. With several million dollars in reserve, we can put our resources to work on cases of combined important to you and your clients.
We are available for a free consultation with your clients, whether at one of our New York or New Jersey offices, or via video conference on any platform. We believe that we are all in this together and our practices will be more productive, profitable and successful as we work through these extraordinary times.
Jeff S. Korek
Senior Trial Partner