Buses provide great public transportation. However, they also cause a number of serious accidents each year. Case in point is yet another accident in New York City involving a bus accident on September 11th near Citi Field in Queens that left a deliveryman critically injured.
The 31-year-old man was carrying an order of Indian food as he rode his moped west on Roosevelt Avenue, at Shea Road around 4:30 p.m. when an MTA bus made a right turn onto Roosevelt and hit him. The bus dragged the victim under the undercarriage of the bus. He was taken to Elmhurst Hospital in critical condition with head and body trauma. He is expected to survive.
Common Bus Accidents
Common causes of bus accidents are similar to those causing other motor vehicle accidents. Common causes include:
- Driver distraction or negligence
- Urban location – heavily populated areas with small area for maneuvering
- Road conditions and construction problems
- Vehicle handling problems and equipment defects
- Weight distribution problems in the vehicle affecting stability
- Structure of the vehicle and lack of passenger protection
Bus Accident Victims Need Legal Representation
If you were seriously injured in a New York bus accident, you need to take the proper legal measures to protect yourself. One important step is to hire an accident attorney who specifically handles bus accident cases.
An experienced NYC bus accident attorney can help you get compensation for your:
- Past and future medical bills
- Loss of income
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional and mental suffering
- Any other out of pocket expenses you may have incurred as a result of the bus accident
We Can Help You If Your Are Injured
At Gersowitz Libo & Korek, P.C., we understand the ramifications that bus accidents have on the lives of victims and the lives of their loved ones. When you are injured in such an accident, you need to hire an experienced New York bus accident attorney to protect your legal rights.
The attorneys at Gersowitz Libo & Korek P.C. have more than 30 years of experience and knowledge to aggressively fight for your rights and get you the full extent of monetary compensation that you deserve. To schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our New York bus accident attorneys, please call 1-800-529-9997.