Three people were injured on November 29th in Manhattan when a charter bus driver sparked a three-vehicle accident involving an NYPD squad car outside the Richard Rodgers Theater. The double-decker bus struck a box truck belonging to Pat La Frieda Meat Purveyors outside the W. 46th Street theater near Eight Avenue at about 8:50 a.m. The delivery truck, in turn, rear-ended a police cruiser parked in front of it.
Three people were transported to the hospital. One of the bus accident victims suffered serious injury. The two others suffered minor injury. The bus belongs to City Sights Bus, a tour company offering hop and off bus tours to tourists.
5 Steps to Take After a Tour Bus Accident
Bus accidents can be particularly tragic because of the potential number of injured passengers involved. Accidents involving children and tourists on buses can be especially disturbing.
Injured bus victims may be entitled to compensation against the party that caused the accident. However, just because you are entitled to compensation does not mean that you will in fact obtain the full compensation that you deserve. The steps you take after a bus accident can impact the value of your personal injury claim. To protect your legal rights and make sure you get the maximum compensation that you deserve, you should consider the following important steps after a bus accident:
- Get immediate medical attention. This is important even if you don’t think you were seriously injured. The symptoms from certain medical conditions may not surface until days or even weeks after the accident.
- Preserve important evidence pertaining to the accident.
- Get as much information from the scene of the accident as possible, such as the name of the parties involved and the name of any witnesses to the accident.
- Call the police. If they don’t come to the scene, you should take the initiative to call them and file a report.
- Contact an experienced NYC bus accident lawyer.
Schedule a Free Consultation with a NYC Bus Accident
At Gersowitz Libo & Korek, P.C., we understand the ramifications of bus accidents on the lives of the victims and their loved ones. When you are injured in a bus accident, you need to hire an experienced New York bus accident attorney to protect your legal rights.
The attorneys at Gersowitz Libo & Korek P.C. have more than 30 years of experience and knowledge to aggressively fight for your rights and get you the full extent of monetary compensation that you deserve. To schedule a complimentary consultation with one of our New York bus accident attorneys, please call 1-800-529-9997.